Remote debug Istio controlplane with delve in VSCODE
- Clone the istio repo
- Update the docker filewith ‘devle’ following the istio wiki
- Build image with debug enabled following the mentioned wiki as well. The github action can help if there is no container runtime in local to build.
- Update the image to the istiod deployment and update the ‘
readOnlyRootFilesystem’ to ‘false’
- Build tunnel with ‘port-forward’ between local and the istiod pod at port 40000
- Configure the ‘.vscode/launch.json’ like below in the local istio repo if the image is built with github action. May need to add ‘substitutePath’ if necessary.
- Insert the ‘breakpoints’ in the code and launch the ‘debugging’